15 September 2018

Going Organic, Slowly

I have started a bit of the transition into becoming vegan.

I am replacing many foods with organic and today, I bought a lot of organic and non processed food.  Mostly vegetables and fruits.

I am going to start looking up recipes for more dishes to crowd out the meats and dairy.  I think this will be so much fun.  I can't wait to replace a lot of my foods with a healthier path.

I am choosing this path simply because it is healthier and I am getting older.  I hope this will counter a lot of the medical issues I am seeing in my parents. I have only had a food allergy to any and all poultry my entire life, but seeing my father develop high blood pressure, kidney problems and have a pacemaker put in, I do not want that to happen to me.  

My mother has breathing problems from asthma that developed later on in her life, and has had some medical issues outside of her usual allergies, and I hope that I can avoid those as well.  I want to live a healthier and longer life.

I am on the verge of quitting smoking too. I am getting tired of doing some days.  I will figure out a way to quit very soon.  I think it is time.

I am still reading Amber K's True Magick, but it is going slow due to work and other obligations in my life, but I am determined to move forward on my path. I am enjoying what I am reading and looking forward to every page I turn.

I am still looking for a new place to live.  It is slow going, but the full paychecks I am now getting are a great help to me and my finances.  It was nice to go to the grocery store today and buy more food than I normally do. It felt freeing to know that I won't have to worry about starving.

Next month, I am hoping that I can change more than my spiritual and health lifestyle...I am hoping to have a new home and be able to get my knitting business off the ground.  I know I won't be able to make a lot of money at this, but it would be nice to have extra cash in the bank.

Once this year is over, and my final committee obligations are at an end, I plan to stop doing as much for the American Legion Auxiliary.  I love the place, but I feel that after nine or so years of constantly doing things for them when I want to do other things with my life, it is time to start cutting the ties to that place so that I can move in the right direction in my life.  

I am also tired of always having to do things for them and feeling emotionally empty when it is over with because I only feel used when it is over with. I get where I need to go, do what I need to do, then feel drained afterwards.  I know that this is for veterans, but I still need time for me.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am looking forward to Samhain and the holiday season! I love the holidays, and I am looking forward to doing my own traditions from here on out!  It will be so fun to have my own thing to do...

I feel like my future is full of more opportunities than it ever has in the past. I feel so much better about myself and my life now that I have made the decisions that I have made.  I feel great now that I have finally been able to begin the changes that need to be made.

I think that the next year and a half will be full of ups and downs, but it will be a great ride for me and I am excited.

Blessed Be
Raven

No comments:

Mists of Avalon

Two days in a row!  WOW!! I have been re-reading Mists of Avalon.   I know, last year I was supposed to be a part of a book discussion on it...