24 January 2008

WICKED the Musical

I hate to say this, but in a boxing match between WICKED and PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, WICKED would win, by a hair's breath.

http://www.wickedthemusical.com/

The woman who played Elphaba..the Wicked Witch was amazing, you could listen to her for hours!! Carmen Cusack played Christine in the musical Phantom of the Opera too....she is great. For once, you have a feel for what it's like to be someone different from the rest.

The woman who played Glinda did an outstanding job. Her voice and attitude complimented Carmen's perfectly.Katie Rose Clarke played Glinda, and after watching this, you will never be able to watch Glinda in The Wizard of Oz in the same way again...she just MADE Glinda, and it's too bad she was born 50 years after her time....

The conductor was awesome too...Boko Suzuki...he was handsome, too (Japanese, hey, are you surprised-it's ME we are talking about..lol) Every note clicked with the singers and complimented their voices. I think I got lost in the entire musical.

WICKED is the untold story about how and why the Wicked Witch became wicked...how things seem, and what we really learn about ourselves and others-it's about the friendship between Glinda the Good and Elphaba the Wicked Witch. It was well written and crafted out. I can't say anything more than that, except to strongly suggest that everyone see this sometime in their lives, it is well worth the money...

I am going to warn you though, if you go, BE IN YOUR SEAT WHEN THE MUSICAL STARTS!!! After the first 15 minutes, they won't let anyone inside because so much happens in that time, and it sets up the rest of the musical...you would be lost if you didn't see it...and if you didn't see it at all, that would be a waste too.To say that I was highly impressed by this musical is an understatement, I saw why it was a Tony winner and a national sold out show...brilliant

1 comment:

Jen said...

Everyone - except me - went to see Wicked in Chicago last summer and loved it. My fried Sal is a big fan of this show and loved the book. Have you read it?

Toss...toss :-)

Mists of Avalon

Two days in a row!  WOW!! I have been re-reading Mists of Avalon.   I know, last year I was supposed to be a part of a book discussion on it...