27 September 2008

Getting In Gear, Breast Cancer Awareness...

It's been a while since I have been here. Life just seems to run away with me this month. I am barely keeping up with September.



With everything going on, it's hard for me to just sit still and write anything!! I am reading a lot, though. Interesting, but boring at time too, I guess.



I would love to write about exciting things that are happening, but so far, that's not the case.



I am going to open myself up to the new ideas that I have in my mind. I would love to get things started in my own way and in my own time. These things would cut into my time in other places, ones that I do love to be, but I need my own thing as much as I need to be there.



I wanted to start a cross-Christian prayer forum. I am in a group on Yahoo for that, but I am not really happy with the way that group runs. It's alright, but cumbersome when you think about it. Although, thinking on this, it may not be a good idea. Maybe I can come up with something more interesting and fun. I feel this call to do more with my faith, and in sharing it. I am uncertain as to how to go about this.



In the next few weeks, I will be making hard decisions concerning a lot of places where I go. There are sites and forums that I am on that are not good for me as a whole. The are also places that derail my Christian self.



I want to be a faithful and devoted child of Father, but being in these places makes it hard for me to do that. It's also hard on me to leave these sites because I have made friends on them. Wonderful and sweet friends that will last for the rest of my life.



I am also instigating some changes in my real life.



First of all, I will implement a routine...one that allows me to get into habits that I need to. For example, a prayer routine, and eating breakfast, lunch and dinner.



Next is keeping in line with all of those changes....eliminating the negative, accentuating the positive, so to speak. I want to get rid of the negativity I am experiencing at work and in my daily walk in the world.



I am also thinking of starting a new blog here, or elsewhere for Prayer and devotional purposes....sounds interesting, eh? I think that if I can do this, and keep it updated on a daily/bi-weekly basis, I can continue on with my life and my world....maybe that is the direction Father is sending me.



Then, I need to work on my writing as a whole. I am still stalled on what I need to do with that at the moment, and have chosen to wait until I start writing something....although, I will work on that.



I like the idea of keeping busy online, but I need to have an organized idea on what I want to do with that, and keep to a plan...for keeps.



I just need some changes in my life and in my heart. I want to enrich my life with my walk, and to document my prayer and faith journey for the world to see. It is very important to me.



Another thing I will try to do is remind all that this coming month is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month....it should be a whole year affair, and we should all remind each other to get check ups and check ourselves. This is important to me because I refuse to allow one survivor to go through this in vain. They have fought hard to live, and I will honor that life, along with the millions of lives lost to the disease! I will honor their lives by reminding us all that we need to take care of ourselves and each other!!! I will try to display the pink ribbon on my blogs as often as I can...and I will wear my pink ribbon proudly all month long!! I encourage everyone to do so!!! It's very important to all of us!!



No comments:

Mists of Avalon

Two days in a row!  WOW!! I have been re-reading Mists of Avalon.   I know, last year I was supposed to be a part of a book discussion on it...