31 March 2008

I'm Coming Home Today (For Matt Maupin)

I don't normally put poetry here, but I have to today out of honor and respect.....

Momma, I am coming home today,

I a weary, my soul is lost...

Dad, I am coming home today,

I fought as I could, and I am weary...

Brother, I am coming home today,

Don't run behind me, your life is priceles...

Sister, I am coming home today,

Now I can protect you in person...

My friends, I am coming home today,

Do not weep, my heart knows your love...

My God, I am coming home today,

I did what I could, I lived as I would...

My country, I am coming home today,

I gave what I could, I did what I had to do...

Matthew, you are coming home today,

Your fight is over, come lay your spirit...

Matthew, you are coming home today,

The ticker tape parade is ready....

Matthew, you are coming home today,

We love you...we thank you!!!

~Raven

31 March, 2006

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This took a lot out of me to write. By now everyone has heard about our MIA/POW Staff Sgt. Keith Matthew Maupin's remains being found and identified on Sunday....11 days before the anniversary of his disappearance 9 April 2004 right before Easter Sunday....

Carolyn Maupin is a good friend to my stepmother. This is over for them, their closure is now...however, I ask all of you to send your energies of love to the family...

I have had several opportunities to talk to Carolyn, and the hope in her heart never stopped her from trying, reaching out...today she and Keith (Matt's father) marched in the Cincinnati Red's Opening Day Parade-Matt and Joe Nuxhall (a Cincinnati legend) were honored at this game....this is what Matt would have wanted his family to do...stay strong, live in honor of him.

I know we all have opinions about this war, and about what should be done...I don't care, and I don't wish for arguements...I just ask that you take one second of your time tonight and raise a glass in honor to Matt and the 4000 (now 4001) soldiers dead (American side-unsure of the Canadian and British yet)....ask that they be brought home safely....

LOVE NEVER LOOSES IT'S WAY HOME....IN MATT'S CASE, THAT LOVE WAS A LIGHT AND A BEACON ON HIS JOURNEY!

http://www.yellowribbonsupportcenter.com/

PFC Keth Matthew Maupin

1 comment:

Jenster said...

Your poem is beautiful, as is the tribute. Thank you so much for sharing it.

Mists of Avalon

Two days in a row!  WOW!! I have been re-reading Mists of Avalon.   I know, last year I was supposed to be a part of a book discussion on it...