09 September 2023

It's Been A While/Life In Change

 I know that I haven't blogged much recently. I have had so much and so little going on that I forget to write.

I lost my job in July.  It was because of the transportation issue.  It became harder for the owners to pick me up and drop me off at the bus stop.  Only a five minute drive that seemed to become harder for them to deal with.  Oh well.

However, I began a new job on August 1.  I like it there and they seem to like me a lot.  Of course, I don't make judgements or anything from the beginning. On the second day the manager told me that I am NOT allowed to leave.  In other words, I have a permanent job.

The manager also told me that it will not be hard for me to get raises.  I think that I am scheduled for a raise at the end of sixty days, which is at the end of this month and again after ninety days, at the end of October.  I know that this will happen because my manager is trustworthy.  He is also very fun and funny to work with.  He easily praises his workers when they do right.

I have to get used to the work chat thing and a few other things, but that is alright.  This job is worth it.

Finances have been very tight these past months, but I am working through them slowly so that I can stop being in debt.  I think that I am weaning myself off of certain food crutches like Doordash and restaurants instead of cooking.  

Thanks to the tight way that I am living, I am also cutting back on smoking a bit.  I am more interested in getting the rent paid and the other necessities done first.  

I also need to get over the depression that has led to my apartment becoming a physical catastrophe.  I know that I have been working hard, but that isn't an excuse either.  I need divine help getting motivated again.  

Of course, there is the fact that I am not as enamored with this apartment as I once was.  I am tired of not having heat or a/c.  I have to rely on fans and my own heater to stay comfortable in the winter and summer.  I am not exactly happy with the neighborhood either.  It can be too noisy during the work week and I get woken up to stupidity a lot.

I still feel nostalgic.  I want to go back to my hometown and be closer to my family.  I miss the apartment that I lived in there...it was nice and it is close to the grocery store and other favorite places that I used to frequent. 

I could transfer my Auxiliary membership to there if I want to. I know many of the ladies at that post and they would welcome me if I did.  Besides, the unit that I am in now is very disappointing after all of these years.  Things are starting to disintegrate there. It is so disappointing.

I hope that I can have my life back on track by next month or near the finish line of recovery.  I miss having television and internet access, but rent, food, phone, transportation and electric are more important right this minute.  I will pay the cable last.

I will also save money so that I can move out and find somewhere closer to home, on a bus line for work and better suited to living the basic life that I want to live.

I have a dream, and that is to live a basic life until I retire and not have anything to worry about when it comes to finances or daily life. I want to stay quiet and be with family whenever I can.  I want to live close to them in case something happens.

Fall is here and I am so excited about it!  I love fall.  I am looking forward to the end of the year things that start happening now...from Halloween to Christmas!  I love the change in the weather and the colors of this season!  I am looking forward to being outdoors with nature as it slowly goes back to sleep...I don't like winter, but I love fall! 

I go for my next Petscan on Tuesday.  I know that I will still be cancer free and am looking forward to not worrying about it for another six months. It doesn't bother me to do this because it is part of the monitoring stage of my cancer, but it is still strange for me to do this because I never felt like I really had cancer at all.  I never went through what others experienced when they did chemo or had other procedures done. It is weird.

Until the end of this year, I am going to concentrate on priorities and finances, little else.  If it isn't in a budget, it isn't needed. If it isn't important to my living situation, it isn't necessary.  I am finished with not having money when it is needed, I am tired of not having things that are important to my living situation.

I know that I have been saying that all year, so eventually it does happen and I actually do what I need to do. I am at that stage where I am scrounging for the things that need to be paid for and the necessities of my life...my urostomy supplies are one of those needs that I have to make sure are there because it gets messy when I don't have those supplies on hand.  I hate it when I have to use duct tape to keep myself from leaking...I also hate the smell of urine.

From now on, I am going to live and work.  I will fix the financial mess that I am now in and I will clean my house.  I will also find a way to save money to move and live closer to my family.  I will enjoy my job and the employees.  I will do what I can to live life the way I want to live my life.  

I will work on those things that I mentioned in this post and be happy...I am happy now, but I know that there are things that need fixing. I'm going to work on those.

-Raven

No comments:

Mists of Avalon

Two days in a row!  WOW!! I have been re-reading Mists of Avalon.   I know, last year I was supposed to be a part of a book discussion on it...