23 June 2013

Slowly But Surely

I am reading Stephen R. Covey's The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.

I started this book a while ago, but never really finished it.  I don't know why since it is a book that can help me with this organization issue I seem to be having.

The book is about changing your mind set to be a more successful person who is able to accomplish the things they want to do in life.  

Since starting the book, I am finding myself looking at things from different angles and wondering what is next for me to do.  

So far, the changes are coming in the form of fixing the financial mess that is my immediate goal to fix and trying to overcome this need to have a messy home.

I am working slowly towards getting the house organized, getting one or two areas cleared out at a time so that I don't feel so crowded. This is something else I am hoping to have accomplished by the end of July.

My newest favorite phrase at home is:  " Why do I still have this???  Why do I need this?  And why did I get it to begin with?"  This helps when getting rid of the junk in my house.

I also have a new favorite mantra at the store:  "Do I need this?"  So far this is working for me a great deal!  I just need to get into the habit of using coupons and shopping lists.

I am getting there, slowly but surely!

No comments:

Mists of Avalon

Two days in a row!  WOW!! I have been re-reading Mists of Avalon.   I know, last year I was supposed to be a part of a book discussion on it...