22 May 2012

Jane Eyre

I watched the 2011 version of Jane Eyre, based on the classic novel by Charlotte Bronte.


I have attempted to watch other versions of this movie, but so far have not found this book to spark an interest in me until now.


The actors are perfect and you have an eye candy of sorts in Mr. Rochester...I think I would love such a man as that. LOL


I love Judy Dench in this!! She is another of my favorite Madame Actresses from across the pond!  She is smart and intelligent and beautiful at the same time.


Jane Eyre is brilliantly written as a screen play and has sparked my interest in actually reading the novel. I am resolved to do so as soon as I can.


Though the book doesn't inspire me to write in a way such as the authoress nor does the movie, but it does give me something more in the way of broadening my horizons and giving me what I want so much of this world.


I will buy the book soon, and the movie but right now, I have to wait since I have lost my check card and I cannot do much financially just yet, but I do have the book on my Kindle since it is free and I will start reading it then.


This book reminds me of a more cleaned up version of a Charles Dickens novel...dark, dreary but with a possible ending that gives the reader hope.


I am going to like finding out more about Ms. Bronte and her novels.

No comments:

Mists of Avalon

Two days in a row!  WOW!! I have been re-reading Mists of Avalon.   I know, last year I was supposed to be a part of a book discussion on it...