14 April 2008

Jane Austen

I feel like an idiot!! It has been years since I read PRIDE AND PREJUDICE by Jane Austen...so I forgot the friggin' ending!!

I watched the movie the other night, and got it mixed up with EMMA...can you say "faux pas!!" and "shame on you!!"

This was the 2005 version with Kiera Knightly as Elizabeth...I enjoyed it a lot. Kiera plays the role so well, and it seems silly every time the call her a "comely girl" in the movie when Kiera is beautiful!

My only problem, was that I was almost yelling at Mr. Darcy to kiss the girl!! I fell in love with the story all over again.

I guess I will have to go out and find the other version from 1995...it's been a while since I have seen that version, and my friend, Nej recommends it highly!

However, for the moment, I am going back and re-reading PRIDE AND PREJUDICE, and I think I will re-read EMMA for good measure....lol I may even borrow the 1996 version with Gweneth Paltrow...I loved that one. I wonder how many other versions there are, hmmm....there's something for the researcher in me.

Maybe I will just go on a Jane Austen kick and re-read SENSE AND SENSIBILITY, and watch the movie...although, I do believe I missed the mini-series that came out last March, I am sure that I will be able to borrow it later on. I did enjoy the 1995 version a lot.

My, my, Raven is on one of "those" kicks again...where she insists on reading dusty old novels and listening to the classical radio station on the way to work, while writing her own stories inspired by the distant past....lol

The new car is running well, but I am driving it as if I am expecting it to break down any minute. I am sure I will get over that sometime in the near future...when I realize that I wasn't really sold a p.o.s. car....

Pride and Prejudice

2 comments:

Jenster said...

*sigh* Is there anything better than Jane Austen?? I haven't read a lot of her, but I own a lot of the A&E movies - they're my favorite versions.

Jen said...

I love P&P and I LOVE Joe Wright's version with Keira Knightly and Matthew Macfadyen. Good Heavens don't get me started! LOL!! My hubby grows tired of all of my going on about it all the time. Enjoy your re-read!

Mists of Avalon

Two days in a row!  WOW!! I have been re-reading Mists of Avalon.   I know, last year I was supposed to be a part of a book discussion on it...